Thursday, March 3, 2011

My friend who never leaves me

Jordan is still loving the MTC and continues to feel surprised by how much he is enjoying it. He is grateful for everyone's prayers and has felt its sustaining effects.

He is learning a lot in his role as District Leader. Here's his district in front of the Provo Temple.


As District Leader, Jordan gets to resolve some of the disputes that arise as a natural consequence of people and companions being together for 24 hours a day. But as far as he and his companion, no issues whatsoever! They are both very laid back, and they get along great. Nothin' but love for these two.


Here's a funny experience he shared in a recent family email:

The other night at an MTC fireside, a member of the Quorum of the Seventy was speaking about how lots of missionaries have lots of trials when they are in the MTC. He invited Elders to share stand up and share what trials they had been suffering thus far. This Elder from my District stood up and very seriously said, "The food here has been my trial. I have diarreah all the time." No one could stop laughing, and it kind of overshadowed the speakers talk, but oh well. It was too too funny. 


Jordan has settled nicely into his new routine. Here's his schedule:
  • Wake up at 6:30
  • Study the scriptures for an hour
  • Breakfast
  • Gym (Which he says is "SO VIOLENT")
  • Three hours of class
  • Lunch
  • Six hours of class
  • Dinner
  • Three hours of class
  • Lights out

He adds:

Although I go to 12 or so hours of class a day, its not that bad. My teachers are amazing. I feel so lucky. They all know the Gospel front and back, speak amazing spanish, and make me laugh so hard all the time. So class is usually enjoyable. 

Missionaries at the MTC have to do some type of service every week as assigned by building maintenance. He and his companion clean the showers. It's "real real gross. We wear gloves up to our shoulders and huge goggles. We look ridiculous."

In summary:

I am learning so much. I have gained testimonies of so many different aspects of the gospel in just the last three weeks. I feel the Spirit so much, I almost feel like it is my friend who never leaves me. i know i am doing the Lord's work. I am so excited. Please write. Love you all so much. All is well. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment