Tuesday, December 18, 2012

November 19, 2012


Things are way good here in Tolosa. This weekend we had transfers, and Elder Romero got shipped out. I feel like we were companions for almost no time, but six weeks have already gone past. Today I received Elder Reynolds from Layton, Utah. I have known him pretty much my whole mission. I was his District Leader when I was in Longchamps. He is way different than Elder Romero, but still way way cool. Elder Romero probably speaks 212 words a minute, Elder Reynolds 40. He is just way chill and will be a good buddy. He will most likely be my last companion. He only has six weeks less than me in the mission. He is the first American companion that I have had in a year. haha In the few hours that Elder Reynolds and I have been together, I have noticed that my English is so so bad. My last American companion was Elder Abbott. In between him and Elder Reynolds I have had: Elder Ramos, Elder Ruvalcaba, Elder Villalba, and Elder Romero. As much as I love Latins, there is always something more comfortable to be with someone from your own country. I am happy to have Elder Reynolds for the next three months.

Things are moving along in Tolosa. It's kind of easy to feel frustrated here because I feel like I am the best missionary I have ever been right now, and I am really not finding the type of success that I would like to. But, when I start to feel frustrated, I just have to calm down and let my self know that I am doing my best and then I am satisfied again. 

This week, President Arnold from the Area Presidency is coming to do a tour of the Buenos Aires South Mission. Every time a General Authority comes to the mission, a wave of fear goes through the whole mission and all the missionaries start going crazy. Elder Arnold is famous for shouting at missionaries and breaking thier agendas. I kind of think that is a total myth though. They said the same thing about Audukadis, and he was totally cool and funny. I will let you know how it goes.

This week I have thinking a lot about my food experience in Argentina. I thought very profoundly about the subject. But for real, I was thinking about how much food people have given me in my mission. I would say that about 3 out of every 5 lunches is given by someone who has to sacrifice to give that meal. And the people are so set on making that sacrifice. There is an Hermana in our ward who lives in really humble circumstances. She gives us a lunch once every fourteen days. I didn't really think much of the lunches as we walked in and out of her house. The other day, and Hermano from the ward came over and told us that the Hermana budgets and saves her money every week to be able to give us food. In that moment, I felt a bone shaking wave of shame and gratitude. I had always thanked the Hermana for the food she gave us, but never really made an extra effort to show her my gratitude. I decided that for the rest of my mission, I will write a thank you note for every meal I am given. I have also decided that I am going to make a large effort for the rest of my life to be a generous person. I am so thankful for the families who have sacrificed so much to make me a little more chubby. They are so so good. They have taught me an important lesson for thier service that I will not forget. 

This Thanksgiving, a family invited us over for dinner. They told me not to expect an American style Thanksgiving dinner, but they were going to try to imitate one. Totally nice.

I am grateful for every one of you. I am so grateful to have been raised in such a good, solid, loving family. I am grateful for the mission. I am grateful for my companions. I am grateful for all of the God given blessing I receive every second of every day. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made for us. All is well. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment