Tuesday, July 24, 2012

June 18, 2012


Things are going pretty well. Elder Ruvalcaba and I had a pretty rough week. The work is turning up being a lot harder than I thought it would be here. It is super easy to find people, especially in the villas, but to get them to progress is another question. We had about 18 people who committed to come to church this week and 1 showed up. I was kind of discouraged. But, this next week will be a lot better, I am sure.

There is a family in my ward who gives us lunch every Saturday. They are from Peru. The mom of the family went to Peru this month to visit her family, and apparently, she went to visit in Kyles ward in Peru. Wild. I keep on finding all these weird connections with Matt and Rick and Kyle.
 
I can't believe that Rick is coming home next week. It does not seem like two years ago that Matt and I said goodbye to Rick and stood there crying on the Millet's front porch. I am much more manly now than I was then.

This week we have a baptism coming up and I hope it will be good. I am out of time, but all is well. Life is good.

Love,
     Elder  Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment