Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 20, 2012



This week was real good. I feel like the longer I am here, the faster the weeks go. The days kind of blend together, and lots of the time, I can’t remember what happened the previous day. But it is all good, and I am loving the experience.

This week, had about 15 commitments to attend church. We were really excited, and I was sure that this Sunday was gonna be a special one. But Sunday morning, it rained. Rain, to an Argenitine, is something very different than it is to anyone else. Whenever it rains, everyone disappears from the streets and goes into hiding. You would think that rain made them melt or something. When the first droplet of rain falls, everybody runs as fast as they can. Rain kind of kills the work on a normal day, but it destroys Sundays for a missionary. Church attendance drops more than 50%. I remember one time in City Bell, it rained on a Sunday, and the Branch President didn’t come. And the thing is, it was totally acceptable. The other day, a lady was telling us that she would make it to church no matter what.  Sea sickness, danger, anything. That is, anything except rain. So this Sunday, we had 15 commitments to attend and 2 came. I was so frustrated and mad.  Luckily, the investigators who did come had an awesome experience. We are teaching a 16 year old kid named Franco and he is such a stud. At church, we were sitting in the pews, so sad that no one was coming, and then Franco walked in. He is so great and loved the church experience even though about 20 members showed up to church. I take his good experience as a reward for his faith and sacrifice.

That was the most important thing I learned this week. That whatever we sacrifice for good is rewarded to us several fold. Hopefully that means that since I lost all muscle whatsoever to violent diarrhea, I will come back to the states looking like Lou Ferrigno (the hulk).

Right now I have to head to a zone activity in which we will be playing mud football. It rained all week. I fully expect and hope and will do all possible to have mud football digress to mud wrestling.

I love my family. I learn more and more of the importance of family in my life every day. I am grateful for the gospel in my life. It means everything to me. All is well. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment