Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 6, 2011

"Last week I gave a talk in sacrament about the Joseph Smith story and how we can ask Heavenly Father for the truth of all things and receive answers. At the beginning of the talk I said "Sorry in advance for my Spanish, I am still learning" In the back of the chapel, one of the young men stood up and shouted, "IT DOESNT MATTER! We love you!" I started awkwardly laughing and couldnt stop for a little bit. Everybody in the congregation laughed too.

Things are just different in Church here. Sunday School with the adults is pretty much a who can talk loudest and interrupt the most competition. I laugh so hard every Sunday. All the people are SO nice, they just get really excited and have a lot to say. This Sunday, all the missionaries in our mission had to give a lesson about how important members are in the missionary work. Elder Stokes and I worked out a whole lesson plan and were really excited about it. We started the lesson with a question to the adults "Why is missionary work important to members as well as missionaries?" It was such a bad choice. An old lady in the front row with one eye shouted "BECAUSE SOCIETY ROBS THE CHILDREN!" Then everyone started to shout and fight and we did not get another word in. It was so funny.

I love the mission and am so happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment