Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 3, 2011


This week was really wild. For Me, Sunday is the craziest and most stressful day of the week. I have to make sure everything goes through with the sacrament, make sure my investigators come to church and feel comfortable there, organize my lunches for the week, choose and play hymns for sacrament meeting, teach the gospel principles class, etc. Basically I run in circles all day. By Sunday night, I just want to sleep for 14 hours. Last Sunday night, we got to the pinch, exhausted and so very ready for Pday. Just as we were going to sleep, we got a call from the Zone leaders saying that we would not have Pday the following day like normal, but on Thursday. I wanted to cry and almost did. I still don't understand why the change was, but it happened and that is the reason why I am writing today and not three days ago.

We also got transfer calls Tuesday night. Elder Borgersen and I were almost sure that we would stay together for at least one more week, so I didn't even really think about transfers. On Tuesday night I got a call from the President and he asked me how I was and if I had plans to be obedient for the next two transfers. I was just really confused and thought he was trying to say that I had done something bad and then he asked me if I was willing to train a new missionary for the next two transfers. I really wasn't expecting that, and probably sounded so dumb on the phone, but I managed eventually to say that I was willing to do that. He then let me know that the situation is a little complicated because the Elder that I am going to train is having visa issues and is gonna arrive almost two weeks from today. It looks like in these two weeks when I am without companion, I will receive a mini-missionary. A mini-missionary is not a dwarf or anything. A mini-missionary is a 17 or 18 year old kid who is preparing to go on a mission, and lives within the limits of the mission. My mini-missionary is from La Plata, where I was before Longchamps. So tomorrow, I will go meet my mini-companion in the mission home and work with him for about a week and a half. After this week and a half it looks like I will receive that Elder that I will train. His name is Elder Jolly and he is from the United States and already knows Spanish and I don't know a single thing more about him. Elder Borgersen and I at this point knew that we would not be staying together, so we were both pretty sad. I think he was a little more sad than me though because in the next two weeks we have 8 baptisms scheduled, and he is gonna miss out on all of them. He called President to ask if he could stay for just one week more and received a firm "No." I'm sad to see Elder Borgersen go, but I know he is needed by lots of people in other places. He is such a great guy and I love him tons. So long Tim Tebow clone.

Right now, I am tagging along with Elder Oporto (my old companion) until tomorrow when I receive my mini-missionary. It good to spend time with him again. He is still goofy and says scary words in Spanish I don't understand.

I am super excited to train even though I feel barely older that the new Elders. Hopefully we can help each other learn a lot of new stuff together.

No comments:

Post a Comment